Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Ramble

Okay so this is my first post. Basically each post will consist of me talking about the movies I'm watching currently.

I'm warning you right now I have terrible grammar. Sorry.

Right now I'm watching Resident Evil: Afterlife. It's directed by Paul W.S Anderson the husband of the star Milla Jojovich. Ali Larter is also in it reprising her role from the RE: Extinction. If you have seen the first 3 then you've seen this one. Alice is running around, killing zombies with a bunch of no name actors who are probably going to die. Their goal in this one, however, is to find a place offering salvation called 'Arcadia'.

There isn't much to this movie. The acting sucks, the direction is basic, the cinematography is lack luster and the story is exhausted. How many more of these movies can there be? Also there is way to much slow motion and I love slow motion, so that's saying something.

That being said it doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it. I love zombie movies regardless of how awful they are. I know that the zombies in Resident Evil are not actually zombies they are infected but, you know, same difference. I think though a lot of the effect is lost when watching it in 2D as opposed to 3D. I can only imagine how much fun this would have been in a theater with the Buddy Holly glasses on my face.

I would recommend this movie to those who love zombie movies or are a fan of the franchise already. I've never played the games but I've heard the movies do them no justice so I guess this isn't a movie for gamers.

All in all this is a good waste of an hour and forty five minutes. It's not a good movie just fun waste of time. Also watching Milla Jojovich and Ali Larter kick ass is pretty awesome. I loves me some strong female characters.

I give this 2 decapitated zombies out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment